Independent Market was launched due to a desire to share our appreciation and love for fellow independent Singapore designers, makers and publishers – friends we've made over the years.
We’ve curated a range of local brands dedicated to designing and making small batches of creative, Singaporean-themed products. From cheeky gift ideas to alternative Singapore souvenirs, we’re the marketplace for well-designed and quintessentially Singaporean goods. Explore the very best of local independent labels at our stores today!
2013 - 2014
- Worked with numerous Singaporean labels and designers who have also embarked on the journey of bringing local design to Singaporeans.
- 2014 saw the inclusion of some of these brands at our annual Christmas fair at VivoCity, which was met with overwhelming response.
- First retail store opened at VivoCity
- Merchandise from these local designers, makers and publishers were available at Harbourfront for the first time.
- Opening of our pop-up store at Holland Village in October
- Collaboration with the little dröm store to release an exclusive collection of t-shirts and pouches as part of their ‘Strangely Singaporean and Proud of It’ collection.
- Two physical stores located at VivoCity and Holland Road Shopping Centre
- Home to upwards of 10 Singaporean labels
- On-going, exclusive collaborations with our brands