Independent Market is the go to marketplace for well-designed and quintisentially Singaporean goods.
We pride ourselves in our local-first approach to design, manufacturing, and distribution; working together with local designers, artists, and craftspeople to create merchandise and experiences that Singaporeans can be proud of.
- Provide an enjoyable shopping experience and ensure that all merchandise is visible and stock is easily accesible
- To assist customers with pricing, product information, and stock availability enquiries, and to give suggestions where possible for gifting ideas.
- To receive and process new stock, replenishments, returns, and transfers, as well as support stock taking.
- Cashier duties on the POS system and to process payments.
- To keep the stores clean and tidy for shoppers and your team mates.
- If you so wish to, there are also many opportunities to get involved across the business, from marketing, operations, design, and development.
A People Person! You're able to offer a helping hand, or strike up a conversation, and are approachable for visitors to engage with you as well.
A Pragmatist! You're able to understand the financial needs of the organization and drive sales to support those needs.
A Team Player! You are able to communicate, engage, support, and respect others in the organization.
An Executer! You can manage quickly and effectively executing a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment, all while maintianing order, cleanliness, and tidiness in your work environment.
A Leader! You can be a dependable member of the team that others can rely on, and can be trusted to work proactively and independently.
- 48 hours per week
- 5 days rostered work week
- Available for at least 1 weekend shift per week
- Min 20 hours per week
- Must be available to work on weekends
- Min 6 months commitment
All staff must be open to work on weekends and on public holidays
Full-time: Starting at $2000/month, with possibility of creating a custom work arrangement.
Part-time: $8-10/hour + tiered pay rate increments over time + join the IM work family and have access to ad-hoc work during events and peak seasons